Are you ready to embark on a culinary adventure that’s both delicious and unbelievably simple? Look no further because today, I’m about to unveil the only ice cream recipe you’ll ever need. What’s the secret ingredient, you ask? Well, it’s none other than the humble banana – specifically, those bananas that are so ripe, they look like they’re ready to embrace their sweet destiny. Don’t toss them away; these golden treasures are the key to a frozen treat that will leave your taste buds dancing with delight.
Join me as we dive into the world of one-ingredient ice cream and discover the magical transformation of ripe bananas into a creamy, dreamy dessert!
After numerous experiments and trials, this has become my favorite go-to recipe.
- 150g sliced frozen ripe banana
- 100ml vanilla oat milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Begin by gathering all those bananas that are on the brink of becoming overripe. Slice them into chunks and arrange them on a baking tray. Place the tray in the freezer and allow the banana slices to freeze completely. Once they are ready, transfer them to a zip-lock bag, creating your stash of frozen banana goodness for whenever you crave homemade ice cream.
- When the ice cream craving strikes, grab your trusty smoothie blender. Add the frozen banana slices to the blender along with 100ml of vanilla oat milk. If you prefer a dairy or non-dairy milk alternative, feel free to use almond, coconut, soy, or any milk of your choice. Lastly, add a half teaspoon of vanilla extract to enhance the flavor.
- Blend all the ingredients together until you achieve a creamy, smooth consistency. You might need to pause and scrape down the sides of the blender to ensure everything gets thoroughly mixed.
- Once your one-ingredient ice cream mixture is velvety and resembles the creamy texture of traditional ice cream, you’re ready to indulge. Serve it in a bowl, cone, or any way you prefer, and savor the sweet, guilt-free delight of your homemade banana ice cream.
My Best Topping Suggestion
Chocolate Lover’s Delight
After blending your banana ice cream until it’s smooth and creamy, fold in some chocolate chunks. You can use dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or even white chocolate, depending on your preference.
For extra chocolate goodness, melt some chocolate and drizzle it over the ice cream. It will create a delightful chocolate shell as it cools
Cinnamon and Nutty Bliss (for Adults)
Add a pinch of cinnamon to the blender when making your ice cream for a warm, aromatic twist.
For toppings, sprinkle chopped salted almonds and pecans over your ice cream.
Here’s where it gets exciting: soak 2 tsp of raisins in 3 tsp of rum for a boozy, adult twist. Spoon this mixture generously over your ice cream for a unique flavor experience.
Strawberry Jam and Digestive Biscuits:
Spread a dollop of strawberry jam over your banana ice cream for a burst of fruity sweetness.
Crush some digestive biscuits and sprinkle them on top for added texture and a delightful contrast to the creaminess of the ice cream.
Peanut Butter Cups and Crunchy Walnuts:
Chop up some peanut butter cups and scatter them over your ice cream for a sweet and salty combination.
Add chopped walnuts for extra crunch and a nutty flavor that pairs perfectly with the chocolate.
Remember, there’s no need to add sugar to your banana ice cream, the ripe bananas are naturally sweet on their own. Enjoy the wholesome sweetness as it is!
Now you have an array of topping options, including my best topping suggestion, with the irresistible addition of chocolate chunks. Enjoy your customized, chocolaty banana ice cream, and savor its natural sweetness!