Embrace a delightful fusion of flavors with these irresistible Tahini Oatmeal Cookies. These cookies feature all the ingredients I absolutely adore, and there isn’t a day that goes by without me enjoying at least a couple of them. Can you guess my favorites? It’s the irresistible combination of tahini and cinnamon that steals the show, and I love to pair them with a ripe banana for breakfast.
I stumbled upon this incredibly easy yet mouthwateringly delicious recipe, and they’ve completely changed how I perceive healthy cookies. Not to mention, your home will be filled with the enticing aroma for days to come.
Picture the rich and nutty essence of tahini, the sweetness of honey, the earthy notes, and satisfying crunch from the walnuts, and the crowning glory of dark chocolate, all wrapped in the comforting embrace of old-fashioned oats.
Once you give them a try, these cookies are bound to become a cherished part of your daily routine.
So, are you ready? Get set, bake!
- 1 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt flakes
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it to prevent sticking.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the tahini and honey. Mix them together until you have a smooth, well-blended mixture.
- To the same bowl, add the old-fashioned oats, the walnuts, the dark chocolate chips, cinnamon, and a good pinch of salt flakes. Stir everything together until all the ingredients are evenly distributed and form a cookie dough-like consistency.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop, portion out the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Leave some space between each cookie as they will spread slightly while baking.
- Flatten each cookie slightly with the back of a spoon or your fingers. You can also use a fork to create a crisscross pattern on top of each cookie.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for about 5 to 7 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown around the edges.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool completely on the baking sheet for a few minutes. Then, transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To fully appreciate their flavor, be sure to savor these cookies with a glass of milk!
You have the option not to bake these cookies, simply shape them as you desire. I’ve tried forming them into walnut-sized balls. Store them in the fridge, and you’ve got yourself little energy balls.
For an extra touch, after they’ve chilled in the fridge, consider coating them in more chocolate. Voilà! You now have healthy chocolate truffles!